Weight Loss and Maintaining Weight Loss
Holistic Health and Preventative Nutrition:
Following any weight loss program, comes the challenge of how to integrate your new way of relating to food into each and every day. Remember, the key to sustaining your weight loss is choosing health each and every day. While healthy choices need to be made in many areas of your life, one of the most important areas is in how you prepare food and in what you choose to eat. Here are a few things to keep in mind after you complete your weight loss program:
- All foods get their calories from one of three groups: Protein, Fat or Carbohydrate. It is not only important to know how many calories you are consuming each day, but more importantly – you need to know where those calories are coming from.
- You can consume quite a large amount of protein from green vegetables – not just meat! The great thing about vegetables (most notably dark leafy greens) is that in addition to the high protein, you are also benefiting from the high nutrient content of those foods. Remember – high mineral content from food translates into healthier bodies and less fat storage
- If you think you must eat meat to consume enough protein to be healthy, think of this…. How is it that the largest land mammals all eat vegetation as their primary food source and end up as large and as muscular as they are? Answer: green vegetation can be very high in protein.
As I am sure you have heard many times throughout your weight loss program, food can be healthy and taste great too! So the key is to prepare food that is healthy, but also enjoyable to eat. When it comes to nutrient dense vegetables and dark leafy greens there are many ways to work them into your daily routine so that you enjoy the meals you make. Here are three ways to incorporate these foods into your day:
- Green vegetables are fantastic when cooked in soups
- Dark leafy greens and other leafy vegetables are delicious when added to salads
- Steaming leafy greens is quick, easy and a great way to make sure you are eating well even in a hurry
Lets talk a bit about chopping and steaming vegetables. Yes, it is a nice and easy way to make a fast dinner when you get home after a busy day. Yes, greens taste great when steamed. However, when we steam vegetables, many of the vitamins and phytominerals can get lost in the water. So, if you are able to take the time to boil vegetables, or simmer them into a soup, you can rest assured that the minerals and phytochemicals will be retained in the water.
The more you incorporate these foods into your daily routine, the more creative you will become with the dishes you are preparing and the tastier your food will be! Reach for dietary excellence and have fun!
If you are interested in learning more about Dr. Hoffman’s natural weight loss programs and his unique hCG Diet, click here for more information.
The areas served by Dr. Hoffman include: napa valley, sonoma, mill valley, san rafael, petaluma, healdsburg, and san francisco. Dr. Justin Hoffman, Physician and Naturopathic Medical Doctor. (N.D.\N.M.D). Dr. Justin Hoffman directs patients through weight loss programs, hcg diet programs and hcg injections. Natural weight loss can be safe, effective and non invasive. Weight Loss Santa Rosa.